Freeciv 2.4.0, a Game Inspired by the Civilization Series, Now Features a Bigger Map
The latest version of this game can be downloaded from Softpedia
Freeciv, a free turn-based multiplayer strategy game, in which each player becomes the leader of a civilization, is now at version 2.4.0.Freeciv 2.4.0 is inspired by Civilization I and II from MicroProse and gamers should find this title quite familiar, since one aim is to have optional modes (called rulesets) with compatible rules.
Highlights of Freeciv 2.4.0:
• The maximum theoretical map size has been increased from 128,000 to 2,048,000 tiles;
• The maximum linear map dimension has increased from 512 to 32,768;
• A couple of new server settings have been added to customize gameplay;
• The colors used to represent different terrain types on the minimap have been reworked;
• The orientation of units is now tracked.
Check out the complete changelog for all the updates and fixes introduced in this new version. Download Freeciv 2.4.0 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW