FreeNAS, a free implementation of a minimal FreeBSD distribution, has just reached version 8.3.0 RC1.
FreeNAS 8.3.1 Beta 1 has introduced a large number of functional changes in comparison with the 8.0.x branch.Highlights of FreeNAS 8.3.1 Beta 1:
• Volume encryption has been added to ZFS;
• Istgt has been updated to version 20121028;
• Samba was updated to version 3.6.9;
• The ability to specify the MAC address to the bridge interface has been added;
• The ability to delete a VLAN from the console menu has been added;
• The snp device has been added to the kernel.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement
.Download FreeNAS 8.3.1 Beta 1
right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.