FreeNAS, a free implementation of a minimal FreeBSD distribution, has just reached version 8.3.0 Beta 2.
FreeNAS 8.3.0 Beta 2 has introduced a large number of functional changes in comparison with the 8.0.x branch.Highlights of FreeNAS 8.3.0 Beta 2:
· ZFS can now be manipulated from the CLI;
· The GUI now supports active-passive multipath capable hardware;
· Plugins are now available;
· The GUI now includes a webshell allowing users to access a root shell from within a web browser;
· The "Create Volume" modal was renamed to "Volume Manager";
· An autotuning script has been added.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement.
Download FreeNAS 8.3.0 Beta 2
right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.