FreeNAS, a free implementation of a minimal FreeBSD distribution, has just reached version 8.2.0 Beta 4.
FreeNAS 8.2.0 Beta 4 has introduced a large number of functional changes in comparison with the 8.0.x branch.
Highlights of FreeNAS 8.2.0 Beta 4:
· A functionality to upgrade the plugin jail was added;
· A functionality to upgrade plugins was added;
· The path length used in mount points to what the OS will allow is now limited;
· Tab completion in the webshell for Chrome has been fixed;
· The ability to switch the console locale through the GUI has been fixed;
· The ability to set up SMART tests on multiple disks simultaneously was added.
A complete changelog can be found here
Download FreeNAS 8.2.0 Beta 4
right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.
Follow us on Google+