Since I know just how much you enjoy freebies, I thought I’d point out the fact that Microsoft Press is offering no less than eight downloads which don’t involve you parting with a single cent.
It’s not the first time that the software giant is providing customers with free books, and by the looks of it, it also won’t be the last.
In fact, the Redmond company is bound to offer users additional free books later this year, so you need to stay tuned, since I’ll make sure and provide an update when that happens.
“We haven’t posted this in a while and I thought that it might be time for a refresh. This is a list of all of our free ebooks. We’ll have more coming up in 2011, so stay tuned,” revealed Microsoft’s Kim Spilker.
You will be able to find the list with the 8 new free titles from Microsoft Press at the bottom of this article.
The resources cover a range of topics, including Windows Phone 7, Visual Studio 2010, SQL Server 2008 R2, Virtualization Solutions, Windows Server 2008 R2, Office 2010 and Windows 7.
Also below you will be able to find a list with no less than eight books from Microsoft Press that you can purchase at quite a considerable discount.
The software giant is prepared to offer the books at almost half the price, which is an excellent deal, even though they’re not free.
“Visit any Barnes & Noble Booksellers store or online here from March 3 through April 6, 2011, to save 40 percent on Microsoft Press books,” Spilker added.
Free Microsoft Press Books:
- Free ebook: Programming Windows Phone 7, by Charles Petzold (a 24-chapter gift from the Windows Phone 7 team and Microsoft Press)
- Free ebook: Moving to Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 (10 chapters by Patrice Pelland, Pascal Paré, and Ken Haines)
- Free ebook: Introducing Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (10 chapters by Ross Mistry and Stacia Misner)
- Free ebook: Understanding Microsoft Virtualization Solutions (Second Edition) (6 chapters by Mitch Tulloch)
- Free ebook: Own Your Future: Update Your Skills with Resources and Career Ideas from Microsoft (8 chapters by Katherine Murray)
- Free ebook: Introducing Windows Server 2008 R2 (9 chapters by Charlie Russel and Craig Zacker)
- Free ebook: First Look Microsoft Office 2010 (14 chapters by Katherine Murray)
- Free ebook: Deploying Windows 7, Essential Guidance (10 chapters from the Windows 7 Resource Kit and 6 TechNet articles)
Discounted Microsoft Press books:
- Inside the Microsoft Build Engine
- MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-511)
- Programming Windows Identity Foundation
- Programming Microsoft ASP.NET MVC
- Programming Windows Phone 7
- MCTS Self-Paced Training Kit (Exam 70-515): Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Introducing Windows 7 for Developers
- Windows Internals