Gamers who buy the upcoming Forza Horizon Collector’s Edition will receive a special ticket for the VIP Membership Program, which includes access to free sportscars as well as many other benefits, according to Microsoft.
Playground Games and Turn 10 Studios are working hard right now on Forza Horizon
, the next installment in the long running racing series exclusive to the Xbox 360.
The game has already been available for pre-order for quite some time, both in the form of a standard version and a Collector’s Edition
, which includes a variety of extra bonuses, including a special VIP Membership.
Now, in order to motivate players to get the more expensive version of Forza Horizon, publisher Microsoft has revealed what special benefits are available to VIP players, ranging from special benefits to stunning cars, so check out the full list below.
- Special recognition in the community as a VIP member with a VIP icon affixed to their Gamertag in "Forza Horizon"
- VIP Rivals Mode Events: VIP members will have access to exclusive Rivals Mode events in "Forza Horizon"
- Exclusive in-game gifts from the Forza Motorsport community team
- Expanded Storefront: VIP members receive extra slots for things like photos, liveries, videos, etc.
- Expanded MyForza Gallery Space: VIP's can store an additional two videos and/or Big Shot images in their MyForza Gallery
- 2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder -- Going topless in an all-wheel drive super car might be illegal in some places, but just try and catch this culprit. The R8 GT Spyder has enough power and traction to leave nothing but the brief memory of its taillights in the mind of anyone trying to match its pace.
- 2011 Koenigsegg Agera -- The Agera is one of the most interesting of the current breed of hypercar. It certainly has the requisite manic power numbers courtesy of a 940 horsepower twin-turbo 5-litre V8. With a top speed of greater than 260 mph and a sub-three-second 0-60 mph time, no one can deny its performance.
- 2011 Lamborghini Sesto Elemento -- Faceted like a cut diamond, there's no mistaking the Sesto Elemento for anything else on the road-even other Lamborghinis. Sesto elemento is Italian for "sixth element"; aka carbon, a not-so-subtle hint that the body is composed entirely of carbon fibre.
- 2012 Pagani Huayra -- When one thinks of Pagani cars, it's natural to think of craftsmanship, performance, and a platonic ideal of automotive beauty. The Huayra has been a long time in the making as designer Horacio Pagani began work on the car in 2003. But, like all works of art-automotive or otherwise-true beauty takes time.
- 2011 RUF Rt 12 R -- Starting with the traditional 911 body-in-white, RUF completely rebuilds or replaces the rest of the componentry, and the result is stunning-730 horsepower and 693 ft-lbs. of torque, enough to rival all but the most extreme supercars. While the R can do things that few cars can equal, it does so precisely and without drama; a skilled driver can use this car as a finely tuned racing tool.
Don’t forget that, besides the VIP Membership, the Forza Horizon Collector’s Edition also includes a custom Steelbook case, special Xbox Live content, as well as extra cars and liveries.
Forza Horizon is out for the Xbox 360 on October 23.