After more than one year of development, the Fluxbox team announced on December 30, 2012, that Fluxbox 1.3.3 is available for download and upgrade.Fluxbox 1.3.3 is the third maintenance release from the 1.3 series of the window manager for Linux-based operating systems, bringing various improvements and bug fixes.
“So, the world is still rotating around the sun and before our calendar hits 2013 we decided to release a new stable version of fluxbox. This is mostly a bugfix release,” the official release announcement read.
Highlights of Fluxbox 1.3.3:· Added new resize methods: ’NearestEdge’, 'NearestCornerOrEdge' and 'NearestCorner’;
· Percentage values were added for various commands, such as ResizeWindow;
· Added two new style resources: 'menu.hilite.justify' and 'menu.hilite.font’;
· Added 'OnTab' modifier for key files;
· Added _MOTIF_WM_INFO atom to promote motif capabilities;
· Added the following tests to client patters: 'maximizedvertical’, 'maximizedhorizontal' and 'fullscreen’;
· FbTk::TextureRenderer has been rewritten;
· Better support for building Fluxbox under Microsoft Windows operating systems;
· An option to revert focus to previous window only on current head was added, for multi-monitor setups;
· Monotonic increasing clock for timer issue was fixed;
· XKeycodeToKeysym() was replaced with XkbKeycodeToKeysym();
· ‘~’ can now be used in filenames;
· Fixed code style and compiler issues;
· Text vertical alignment in decorations was repaired;
· Transient windows can now be placed correctly in a multi-monitor setup with ‘holes’;
· Updated the Italian translation.
For more details about the 1.3.3 release of the Fluxbox window manager, you can always check out the official changelog.
What is Fluxbox? Fluxbox is a window manager for UNIX/Linux and BSD operating systems. It's based on the Blackbox 0.61.1 code.
Fluxbox looks like Blackbox and handles styles, colors, window placement and similar things exactly like Blackbox (100% theme/style compatibility).
Download Fluxbox 1.3.3 right now from Softpedia.