SalineOS, a lightweight and fast open source operating system built on the Debian GNU/Linux repositories that uses Xfce as the desktop environment, is now at version 2.0 Dev 1.Highlights of SalineOS 2.0 Dev 1:
• The distribution is based on Debian Wheezy;
• The installer was written from the ground up;
• A custom firewall utility has been added;
• A new backup suite to compliment Remastersys has been added;
• A simple disk cleanup utility was added;
• New GTK theme and a new icon theme are now available;
• Exaile has replaced Rhythmbox;
• Midori has replaced Chromium;
• Baobab and Gedit have been removed from the default install;
• KVM is now included by default;
• sudo is used by default.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download SalineOS 2.0 Dev 1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.