The latest version of the Mozilla Firefox browser can be downloaded from Softpedia
A few days after the launch of the stable version of Mozilla Firefox, a new Beta version of the popular Internet browser has been made available to the public.Mozilla Firefox 19.0 Beta 1 has been chosen for the implementation of a very important feature, more precisely a built-in PDF viewer.
Up until now, this particular feature was taken care of by third-party plug-ins, but most of the time they were using proprietary closed source code that could potentially expose users to security vulnerabilities.
Andreas Gal and Chris Jones, a couple of developers for Firefox, started a research project called PDF.js. The idea proved to be a good one and it evolved quickly into a full PDF viewer.
Highlights of Mozilla Firefox 19.0 Beta 1 For Linux:
• The application will offer to reset the Awesomebar search provider, if it has been changed by third-party software or through about:config;
• The canvas elements can export their content as an image blob using canvas.toBlob();
• Various startup performance improvements have been implemented;
• The debugger now supports pausing on exceptions and hiding non-enumerable properties;
• Remote Web Console is available for connecting to Firefox on Android or Firefox OS;
• A Browser Debugger is now available;
• Web Console CSS links now open in the Style Editor;
• CSS @page is now supported;
• CSS viewport-percentage length units have been implemented (vh, vw, vmin and vmax);
• CSS text-transform now supports full-width;
• Starting Firefox with -private flag no longer incorrectly claims you are not in Private Browsing mode.
There are some known issues with this release of Firefox. More precisely, certain valid WebGL drawing operations are incorrectly rejected, leaving incomplete rendering in affected pages.
Other problems have been carried on from previous versions. For example, if you try start Firefox using a locked profile, it will crash.
More details about this latest release of Mozilla Firefox can be found in the official announcement.
Download Mozilla Firefox 19 Beta 1 right now from Softpedia.