Firefox 16 is now available for Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu 11.10, Ubuntu 11.04 and Ubuntu 10.04.
Canonical has just updated the default web browser in all its supported Ubuntu operating systems to Mozilla Firefox 16.0.Mozilla Firefox 16.0 is now available for the following Ubuntu operating systems: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin), Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot), Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx).
As we've stated in the announcement for Mozilla Firefox 16.0 Ubuntu users are the happiest ones, because Canonical updated the Firefox web browser to version 16 in the same day with the official release announcement from Mozilla.
Mozilla Firefox 16.0 was officially announced on October 9th, 2012, for all supported platforms, including Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
Highlights of Mozilla Firefox 16.0:
· Initial support for web apps on all platforms;
· Added Acholi localization;
· New developer toolbar featuring error count for the Web Console, easy access to tools and quick access to keyboard via a new command-line;
· Unprefixed CSS3 transitions, transforms, gradients & animations;
· Implemented a list of recently opened files in Scratchpad;
· Opus support is now enabled by default;
· MD5 hash algorithm is no longer supported in digital signatures;
· Implemented reverse animation direction;
· Fixed per tab reporting in about:memory;
· Fixed catching in debugger breakpoints.
Mozilla Firefox 16 on Ubuntu 12.10
Users of other Linux operating system should download the usual Mozilla Firefox 16.0 binary and source packages, which support both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures.
Download Mozilla Firefox 16.0 for Linux binaries and sources right now from Softpedia. Also, don't forget to visit our Firefox Extensions section where you'll find the latest add-ons, as well as updates for existing ones.
As a bonus, especially for the adventurous Linux users who want to install the current Beta release of the famous Mozilla web browser, they should use our universal, step-by-step tutorial (with screenshots) about how to install Firefox Beta on Ubuntu.