Firebird Relational Database 2.5.2 Is Available for Download
The latest version of Firebird improves the overall speed and functionality
Firebird, a relational database offering many ANSI SQL standard features that runs on Linux, Windows, and a variety of Unix platforms, is now at version 2.5.2.Firebird 2.5.2 provides concurrency, high performance, and powerful language support for stored procedures and triggers.
Highlights of Firebird 2.5.2:
• A change was made to the implementation of the GEN_UUID() function, to make it comply properly with the requirements of RFC-4122;
• A bug was corrected that caused faulty byte or character order in the results of the functions CHAR_TO_UUID and UUID_TO_CHAR on big-Endian platforms;
• Some improvements were made to the Trace services;
• Sessions can now be configured to log user and automatic sweep activity;
• It is now possible to use the API to do a remote backup/restore.
A complete list of changes and bug fixes can be found in the official announcement.
Download Firebird 2.5.2 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW