Fedora 19 Final Is Out and Goes After Windows and Mac OS
The latest version of Fedora "Schrödinger's Cat" can be downloaded from Softpedia
The official version of Fedora 19 "Schrödinger's Cat" operating system has been officially launched and it's ready for download.The Fedora developers have managed to keep up with their own schedule and the next iteration of Fedora has arrived relatively on time.
Fedora 19 "Schrödinger's Cat" comes with a large number of flavors, which include GNOME, KDE, LXDE, and Xfce. All the distributions are ready for both the 32-bit and 64-bit architectures.
It seems that the Fedora people, which are in fact the Red Hat people, are also targeting the Microsoft and Mac OS X operating systems, and considers them rivals.
“Fedora is a Linux-based operating system, a suite of software that makes your computer run. You can use the Fedora operating system to replace or to run alongside of other operating systems such as Microsoft Windows or Mac OS X. The Fedora operating system is 100% free of cost for you to enjoy and share,” reads the official website.
Highlights of Fedora 19 "Schrödinger's Cat":
• The Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.9.0;
• An option has been added in order to enable access to the Extlinux bootloader, which is part of the Syslinux family of bootloaders;
• The initial setup screens have been revamped for Fedora 19;
• The anaconda installer has been reworked and the distribution now provides support during installation for advanced storage, such as fcoe, iscsi, and multipath;
• The text mode of the anaconda installer has also been improved;
• The distribution can now join a domain from a kickstart file or from the anaconda installer;
• The appearance of GRUB and GRUB menus have been changed;
• FreeIPA realmd support has been added.
A complete list of new features and changes are available in the official announcement.
Download Fedora 19 "Schrödinger's Cat" from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW