The update improves game performance and stability
Ubisoft has just released the third major installment in the Far Cry series on PC platform. The game is now available via Uplay and Steam, as well.Those who already unlocked the game noticed there was a patch available for download, which comes with lots of fixes and improvements meant to enhance the overall gaming experience.
Patch 1.01 has about 260MB in size and can be manually downloaded here. However, the update will be automatically downloaded via Uplay the moment players try to open the game.
There are many improvements and fixes that affect the multiplayer part of Far Cry 3, so you might want to take a closer look on these:
- Improved overall Multiplayer stability and performance;
- Added SHOW TOP, SHOW YOU, PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN options in Leaderboards;
- Fix the voice chat issue that would mute players by default;
- Lobby chat can now be accessed when a controller is connected.
- Fixed graphical issues on loading screen hint;
- Fixed the issue that would prevent maps from being displayed or randomized the first time a user enters Public Co-op;
- Health regeneration option no longer has inverted functionality;
- “Flare gun” kills are no longer considered as Assist kills.
- Fixed ground texture resolution;
- Grass surrounding fire spawns no longer remain red on Firestorm maps.
The Map Editor received a few changes as well, such as improved white objects thumbnails legibility, and the option to start a private match in 1 player on user-created maps.
The full list of changes included in this update, which affect Single Player campaign, are detailed below:
- Improved game stability and performance;
- Fixed issues with flickering on specific water textures;
- Fixed small UI glitches related to different display resolutions;
- “Weapon cache” mission: Mission Zone and Mission Marker no longer stays on mini-map and on screen after mission completion;
- Crafting items are now auto selected when entering a new crafting category;
- Added sound when zooming in and out the camera with the mouse scroll button.