It’s only been a week since Research In Motion updated Facebook for BlackBerry, and the Canadian company has just delivered a new version in the Beta Zone.
is the latest version delivered by RIM and can now be downloaded for BlackBerry users who own a Beta Zone account.
The folks over at Crackberry
report the update brings quite a lot of bug fixes. In fact there are no new features, improvements of visual changes, just a ton of issues that have been corrected.
Some of the bugs that have been fixed with the latest update include:
- Unable to views comments;
- With Wi-Fi only connection on BIS SN devices user should be able to view photos;
- Likes count incorrect in Likes list if launched from stagnant comment screen;
- Can not cancel selection via the 'back' button;
- User photos mixed in FB message view;
- Group name appears in the group wall;
- Group Support : refresh of group wall is missing refresh animation;
- Bad error message when posting on a Group without permission;
- Groups are not translated in Hindi.
BlackBerry users who got themselves a BlackBerry Beta Zone account will be able to download Facebook 184.108.40.206, while the rest will have to wait until RIM
makes it official and uploads the application in the App World.
Before hitting the download link
, check out the rest of the update’s changes:
- Finnish -Some missed translations on the Groups pages;
- Accessibility: Status updates are not being read;
- WiLAN event is not being processed correctly when radio is low or changed;
- Removal of phone number request feature;
- Update help URLs for Facebook 3.1;
- Parser Error when I create comment with many returns between lines;
- Remove welcome notification and message;
- No ID for all the buttons in Facebook;
- GCM icons are cutoff on low res devices Now Available for Download in the Beta Zone.
It’s likely that we will see more of these updates being pushed to BlackBerry Beta Zone, so stay tuned for more info on the subject.