The development team at EA Sports has offered some information on the new patch that will be launched for the FIFA 13 football simulation, which is rolling out on the PC at the moment and will also be offered on the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360 later during the weekend, probably after a quick certification process from Sony and Microsoft.
The patch should fix the following issues:
- connection stability in Online Seasons when finding an opponent in the Arena, and at kick-off.
- career Mode freeze while starting a new career with free agents.
- career Mode hangs when using Game Face.
- stability in Career Mode when players retire or are being bought back from loan.
- users will no longer be able to lower difficulty settings in a FUT Seasons match.
- freeze in FUT Online Tournament HUB on PS3.
- Napoli of Serie A will now have fully authentic kits and crests in FIFA and FIFA Ultimate Team.
- legacy defending and passing assistance options removed in Pro Clubs.
- freeze in Pro Clubs Results screen.
- matchmaking settings in Pro Clubs (with "ANY" and "Match Keeper") will provide the desired results.
- changes made in National Squad not properly reflected in Manager Mode screen.
- freeze while retrieving Hospitality Settings.
The official announcement states: “We’ve been listening to the comments and our teams across the world have been working extremely hard to prioritize and address the items that have been brought to our attention. While we can’t respond to every post and tweet, we have connected with and responded to thousands of you, and its invaluable feedback that we have received. We appreciate the help and support.”
A maintenance pass on October 10 has managed to solve the problems FIFA 13
had with missing items in the watch list and trade pile of the Ultimate Team mode, some duplicate game results in Season and Online matches and relegations in the Seasons mode when matches were left to be played.
Another maintenance run will fix a number of other problems, most of them linked to the FIFA 13
The development team at EA Sports promises that more patches will be delivered during October.