The developers behind the famous Evolution email and calendar application announced earlier today, December 16, that version 3.7.3 is now ready for download and testing.
Evolution 3.7.3 is a development release that brings numerous fixes and improvements. It will be part of the upcoming GNOME 3.7.3 desktop environment, due for release next Thursday, December 19, 2012.
Highlights of Evolution 3.7.3:
• Implemented a new way to refresh an IMAP folder list;
• Added an option that automatically expunges messages when the user leaves the folder;
• Remove read-only calendar error messages;
• The “source” string no longer appears in user visible dialogs;
• Removed "Error while Filtering Selected Messages” message;
• Added a "Any header" filter;
• Added search folder condition;
• The names of the filters can now be identified in filtering errors;
• Fixes the size of the backup window;
• The Reply-To-List check is now skipped when listing administrative messages;
• Fixed event notification issues;
• Implemented a warning about self-signed certificates when checking auth types;
• Fixed mail_backend_folder_deleted_cb() crash;
• Fixed a restore issue that didn’t migrate accounts from GConf;
• Improved CalDAV URL configuration;
• The background of the search bar entry is now changed properly;
• HTML emails can now be printed with defined <style>;
• Fixed gtk_style_context_get_valist() crash;
• Improved “Failed to refresh folders” error message;
• Improved S/MIME and PGP signing;
• Extended busy/free XFB information is now displayed;
• Added an option to stop Evolution from sending emails;
• The Print dialog can now be accessed from the File -> Print Preview menu entry;
• Sent folder now displays MDN bar;
• Removed ~/.camel_certs references from backup/restore;
• ChangeLog files are no longer generated from ‘git log’;
• Added an option to not empty the trash of disabled accounts.
Moreover, Evolution 3.7.3 includes updates to the following translations: German, Tamil, Kannada and Assamese.
More details about this new development release of the Evolution email client can be found in the official changelog.
Download Evolution 3.7.3 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.