The Evince developers have announced earlier today, January 12, the immediate availability for download and testing of the fourth development release of the upcoming Evince 3.8 document reader for the GNOME 3 desktop environment.
In preparation for GNOME 3.7.4, the Evince development team surprised everyone with a magnificent release, which brings a completely re-designed user interface, in order to follow the GNOME 3 style. Finally!
Highlights of Evince 3.7.4:
• Removed the main menu;
• Added a new toolbar that features View and Gear menus, which contain all the items from the previous main menu;
• The zoom control now displays the current zoom factor. Custom zoom factors can now be added;
• Changed the appearance of the Page Selector;
• Revamped find bar, which was also moved to the top of the main view;
• The toolbar is now automatically hidden when switching Evince to fullscreen;
• The thumbnail and view frames can now be styled using CSS;
• libview now handles the zoom limits;
• Renamed the Fit mode to Fit Page;
• Added a new “Automatic” zoom mode (will be available in the next development releases);
• Added a new layout mode to automatically determine if dual page mode should be used on large files or not (will be available in the next development releases);
• The pixbuf’s cache default value in EvView has been set to 50MB;
• Added better search support for GNOME Shell;
• libgnome-keyring was migrated to libsecret;
• Added documentation about saving current settings as default;
• Six annoying bugs were fixed.
Numerous translations have also been updated in Evince 3.7.4, including Bulgarian, Spanish, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Russian, Slovakian and Brazilian Portuguese.
For more details about the new features added in this release, as well as for the bugs fixed, you should check out the full raw changelog
for Evince 3.7.4.
Download Evince 3.7.4
right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.