This Beta version of the desktop environment brings quite a few changes
Enlightenment E17, a lean, fast, modular and very extensible window manager for X11 that provides all the necessary packages to run a desktop, has just reached the LUCKY RUBBER DUCKY stage.The Enlightenment E17 desktop environment went through the normal stages of development, Alpha and Beta, but then the developers have skipped to Gamma, only to return now to Beta and name their release LUCKY RUBBER DUCKY. We’re not even going to ask the obvious question.
It’s their project and they have the right to name it in any way they please, especially because the developers are implementing a huge number of fixes in every release.
Even if the previous version was also called “The Hulk” because of the huge changelog, the LUCKY RUBBER DUCKY release is not doing too bad and sports a generous number of updates and new features.
Highlights of Enlightenment E17 Beta LUCKY RUBBER DUCKY:
• EFL requirements have been bumped to 1.7.3;
• Wallpaper previews now maintain the proper aspect ratio when the dialog is resized;
• Backlight gadgets now update themselves when the backlight is changing;
• The Filemanager is now capable of loading large directories more quickly;
• Filemanager “New Directory” action now renames the files inline;
• The Menu item layout no longer resizes randomly;
• Filemanager drag-n-drop function no longer causes crashes in most scenarios;
• Xmodmap settings is no longer overwritten when the keyboard layout is changed;
• Filemanager now properly shows files again if a drag-n-drop operation fails or pauses;
• Changing the orientation on shelves no longer duplicates the shelf;
• Every file browsing action now shows mime types more accurately.
A comprehensive list of changes and improvements can be found in the official announcement.
Download Enlightenment E17 LUCKY RUBBER DUCKY right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.