The first development version of the upcoming Empathy 3.6 instant messaging client for the GNOME desktop environment has been announced last night, April 30th.
Empathy 3.5.1 has the following new dependencies: GLib > 2.32.0, telepathy-glib > 0.17.6 and Intltool > 0.50.0. And now, let's take a look at the bugs fixed:
· Groups can now be renamed;
· Fixed make check to run the test suite;
· Fixed empathy-tls-test;
· Local IP widgets can be added to the SIP widget;
· It now shows who changed the subject;
· Removed org.gnome.Empathy.gschema.xml.in;
· Support for GNetworkMonitor;
· Added 'Rename' entry to the accounts context menu;
· The tooltip text when editing is now translatable;
· The old contact list code was removed;
· Larger body list window by default;
· Added tooltips in status picker.
Last but not least, twenty translations were updated in Empathy 3.5.1, as well as two documentation translations, in French and Japanese. Download Empathy 3.5.1 sources
right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.
Follow us on Google+