Elive Linux 2.1.23 Is Powered by Enlightenment 17
Distro’s motto: The world has not ended, so now... Be Elive!
After more than three years of development, the development team behind the Elive Linux operating system was proud to announce today, January 13, the immediate availability for download and testing of the Elive 2.1.23 development release.While being powered by Linux kernel 3.2.0, Elive 2.1.23 is the first release of the Elive Linux operating system to include the newly released Enlightenment E17 window manager, which brings greater features and flexibility, as well as improved stability and performance.
“We are very excited to announce this very-early first development version of Elive and there are many reasons why we are excited!” was stated in the official release announcement.
“First, we want to remind you that the reason why nothing has been published yet about Elive is that there were a few things to be rewritten to ensure an overall stable system, which will make other programs more compatible and ensures this version works independently well.”
Highlights of Elive 2.1.23:
• Linux kernel 3.2.0 with support for both old and new hardware;
• The final and stable release of the Enlightenment 17 desktop environment;
• Improved Enlightenment E17 with “focus remember” and an emodule for productivity;
• Transparency and composite support for older hardware;
• Improved support for HD videos on older hardware;
• Added support for screen synchronization to video playback;
• Added a new Terminal app;
• Added new useful tools made by the Elive team, such as bkp, elivepaste, waitfor or showmyip;
• Updated many existing packages and added new ones;
• LibreOffice office suite;
• Very fast and efficient overall system;
• Fixed numerous bugs from previous releases.
Download Elive 2.1.23 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is an unstable release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only! You can report bugs to Elive's Bug Tracker or visit its GitHub page.