The second beta of elementary OS “Luna” is now out and it looks more stunning than ever. This is an Ubuntu-based distribution, but it would be very hard to notice it.
elementary OS 0.2 Beta 2 is the result of a lot of user feedback and the developer, Cassidy James, has announced that over 300 fixes have made it into this new build.
“Since elementary is used and developed by people from all over the world, it only makes sense for us to focus on making it available in as many languages as possible.
“After Beta1 was released, we were pleasantly surprised to see a HUGE translation team spring up out of nowhere! We’ve been working with them to bring better translation support to all of our apps, including our app development framework Granite,” stated Cassidy James in the official announcement.
Highlights of elementary OS “Luna” 0.2 Beta 2:
• A number of bugs with Plank and Wingpanel have been corrected and multiple-display support is now even better;
• The title font “Raleway” has been improved and the appearance of monospace fonts in the OS has been fixed. Moreover, new creative fonts are now available as an extras package;
• The elementary theme has been improved and a few enhancements have been added. A subtle blue glow is now shown when \the keyboard is focused on a widget, the inline toolbars have been cleaned up, the spin-buttons have been reworked, and more;
• The icon set has been updated;
• The latest Shotwell 0.14.1 has been implemented;
• The Midori browser has been updated to version 0.5;
• The Geary email client has been updated to version 0.3.1.
More details about this gorgeous distribution can be found in the official announcement.
Download elementary OS “Luna” Beta 2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.