Education-Oriented Skolelinux 7.1 Beta 0 Distro Officially Released
The latest version of Skolelinux can be downloaded from Softpedia
Skolelinux, a Linux distribution based on the Debian Edu project that provides an out-of-the box environment of a completely configured school network, is now at version 7.1 Beta 0.Skolelinux 7.1 Beta 0 is based on Debian “Wheezy.” According to developers, immediately after the installation, a school server running all services needed for a school network, is set up just waiting for users and machines to be added via GOsa.
Highlights of Skolelinux 7.1 Beta 0:
• The roaming workstation profiles have been switched from wicd to the network-manager;
• The version numbers of the patched gosa and libpam-mklocaluser packages have been changed;
• A few Bluetooth tools have been added to the default desktop;
• Tools have been added for sharing the desktop on KDE;
• The artwork package is now working with GNOME.
Check out the official announcement for more details about this release.
Download Skolelinux 7.1 Beta 0 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.
HOT RIGHT NOW