Skolelinux, a Linux distribution based on the Debian Edu project that provides an out-of-the box environment of a completely configured school network, is now at version 7.1 Alpha 3.
Skolelinux 7.1 Alpha 3 is based on Debian “Wheezy.” According to developers, immediately after the installation, a school server running all services needed for a school network, is set up just waiting for users and machines being added via GOsa.
Highlights of Skolelinux 7.1 Alpha 3:
• The ispell dictionaries have been dropped from the default installation;
• xdrawchem, xjig and xsok have been dropped from the default installation;
• The artwork has been updated;
• A multi-arch i386/amd64 USB stick ISO is now available;
• http.debian.net is now the default APT source;
• LTSP diskless workstations now use sshfs by default.
Check the official announcement for more details about this release.
Download Skolelinux 7.1 Alpha 3
right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.