Hundreds of changes and improvements have been implemented in this version
Sigil, an open source application that allows users to create ebooks using the EPUB 2 format, is now at version 0.7.0.Sigil 0.7.0 can be used to format and pack books into an EPUB that looks exactly the way users want, by using an advanced set of features to make it easier.
According to the developers, this new version has been updated and improved and features hundreds of changes, bugfixes, and new features.
Highlights of Sigil 0.7.0:
• All known crashes and related bugs from previous versions have been identified and fixed. This means that this release is completely stable;
• Sigil can correct even more common problems when reading files, and will no longer exit when opening invalid EPUBs;
• Actions such as opening and changing tabs, generating a TOC, merging files, bulk renaming, replacing text, and so on, are now a lot faster;
• An upgrade to the latest graphics framework provides a number of fixes and enhancements;
• A new Preview window (View→Preview) that dynamically updates as you edit in Code View or in CSS stylesheets – replacing Preview View and the old Split View;
• Users can now directly edit the Table Of Contents without having to generate the TOC;
• An optional Clip Bar (View→Toolbars→Clip Bar) has been added in order to show the toolbar buttons for the first 20 Clips, and a dockable window (View→Toolbars→Clips) has been made available, listing all Clips for quick selection;
• An Autofill option in Clips that creates entries based on your CSS files has been added;
• Saved Searches will now use the options set in Find & Replaces when run;
• Well-Formed checks are only done when absolutely necessary.;
• Epubs that are missing a container.xml file can now be opened.
A complete list of new features can be found in the official announcement.
Download Sigil 0.7.0 right now from Softpedia.