Electronic Arts has issued a statement after many Xbox 360 owners complained of poor or nonexistent online service for their own copies of Battlefield 3 last week and over the weekend, saying that it's working hard to make sure servers are stable and responding to their requests.
As you can imagine, this huge interest caused a lot of technical problems as some of EA's own servers failed, locking Xbox 360 owners out of their Battlefield 3 experience, even if they just wanted to go through the single-player campaign, and not engage in the cooperative or multiplayer ones.
EA has released a statement on these issues, via Kotaku, in which it says that the worst period has passed, and servers will continue to be upgraded until they provide 100 percent stability for all platforms.
"We've turned a corner," EA said. "We are happy to report that PS3 and PC players experienced server stability all weekend, and Xbox 360 servers are at 95 percent and climbing. Regardless of the cause or platform, our online teams are standing by to identify the issues and addressed them as they arise. We will not rest until we're at 100 percent. At a high level, the tech process has been: identify, hypothesize, reproduce, fix, test, publish, verify and communicate."
EA explained the Xbox 360 issues and confirmed that it's working with Microsoft to solve lingering issues and deliver a solid experience.
"There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360. It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity. We are gamers, too, and understand how frustrating it is not to be able to play the game without interruption. We appreciate their patience and promise, it will be worth the wait."
Battlefield 3 will dominate the shooter market for another week, at least, as on November 8, its biggest competitor, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, is going to be released.