A new flavor of Nokia's desktop suite application is now available for download for all owners of handsets running under the Symbian platform, namely the Nokia Suite 3.2 Beta.
The new release is meant to mark a major change in the application's evolution, namely the transition from the “Ovi” name to “Nokia.”
Basically, this is the same application that was available for users before, only that it brings along a refreshed visual style, along with the aforementioned change in name.
At the same time, the development team notes that the new flavor of the application
was released to end users with a wide range of new features, as well as with a great deal of bug fixes, all aimed at ensuring that users benefit from a better experience from the application.
The new Nokia Suite is being made available for download as version 3.2.64 Beta, and can be found on Softpedia as well, via this link
The release notes for the new application version include:- Nokia Ovi Suite is now called Nokia Suite
- The application has a refreshed look and feel
- The new Support view offers info and help with using Nokia Suite and your phone
- The Support view helps make sure you have enough free space on your phone
- The improved sync log shows you what has changed during syncing
- Software updates for your phone software and phone applications now run more reliably
- You might also notice, that Nokia Suite doesn't anymore run the MPlatform.exe process - we've removed that from our architecture. You'll see MPlatform.exe still running, if you have Nokia Ovi Player installed on the same PC
Users who will download and install the new application
release are encouraged to provide feedback on the experience they receive from it, so that more improvements will be packed with any future application iterations.
“If you have feedback that you want to share with us, just go to the 'Help' menu and select 'Send feedback'. You can also provide feedback through Nokia Betalabs discussion forums.