Download the Freeware Windows Live Family Safety 2011 with Windows 8 Fixes
Microsoft released an updated version of the security tool today
Parental tools have been around for a while, but Microsoft’s Windows Live Family Safety 2011 is one of the top products in this software category because… oh well, it’s designed by Microsoft.The company rolled out today an updated version of the application that comes with fixes for Windows 8, the new operating system that will go public later this month.
Basically, Windows Live Family Safety 2011 won’t work on Windows 8 because this OS version comes with the so-called Microsoft Family Safety that incorporates all of its features and a bunch of new ones. Microsoft however released some instructions to get rid of the compatibility error:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search).
- Enter Family Safety in the search box, click Settings, and then tap or click Family Safety.
- In the Select a provider list at the bottom of the page, switch the provider from Windows Live Family Safety to Microsoft Family Safety.
- Tap or click Web filter settings, and then tap or click the Switch button to reset the web filter.
- Tap or click every standard account you want to monitor, or you can add a new account to monitor.
Windows 8 will officially be unveiled on October 25 during a New York event and it will integrate several parental control tools, all of which make third-party solutions almost useless.
If you wish to read more about Windows 8’s parent control options, follow this link.
In addition, the new Windows Live Family Safety 2011 16.4.3505.0912 can also be downloaded from Softpedia by loading this page.