Fixes syncing problems with iPod nano or iPod shuffle
The emergence of several issues with iTunes 10.6 has prompted Apple to roll out an incremental 10.6.1 update this week with fixes and tweaks.iTunes 10.6.1 is being offered to Mac users as a 126.23 MB download, and as a 73.21 MB package to Windows customers.
Per Apple’s change log, the release addresses “several issues that may cause iTunes to unexpectedly quit while playing videos, changing artwork size in Grid view, and syncing photos to devices.”
An issue where some iTunes interface elements were incorrectly described by VoiceOver and WindowEyes has been addressed as well.
The update further deals with a problem where iTunes may become unresponsive while syncing certain iPods (nano and shuffle), and resolves an ordering error while browsing TV episodes in the iTunes library on Apple TV.
The Mac system requirements for the new iTunes include Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later, Safari 4.0.3 or later, and 200MB of available disk space. Apple asks users to note that “iTunes in the Cloud and iTunes Match availability may vary by country.”
As far as the hardware requirements are concerned, Apple offers this lengthy list of system specifications:
• Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5 or G4 processor and 512MB of RAM
• To play Standard Definition video from the iTunes Store, a 1.0GHz PowerPC G4 or faster processor and 512MB of RAM is required.
• To play 720p HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras, a 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor and 1GB of RAM is required.
• To play 1080p HD video, a 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor and 2GB of RAM is required.
• Screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater; 1280x800 or greater is required to play an iTunes LP or iTunes Extras
• Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store
• Apple combo drive or SuperDrive to create audio, MP3, or back-up CDs; some non-Apple CD-RW recorders may also work
• Apple SuperDrive to back up your library to DVDs; some non-Apple DVD-RW drives may also work
Download iTunes 10.6.1 for Mac OS X (Free)
Download iTunes 10.6.1 for Windows (Free)