With Yelp Talk, a newly integrated action bar UI, other enhancements
The Yelp application for Android has been updated this week with a nice range of enhancements packed inside, and is now available for download for Android 1.5 or later devices.For those out of the loop, we should note that Yelp for Android provides users with the possibility to easily find and read reviews about local businesses near them.
Whether it comes to finding a place to eat, shop, drink or simply relax, the Yelp application will help users easily find what they are looking for.
The new flavor of the application, namely version 3.7, hits devices with a newly integrated action bar UI, which should provide faster navigation through the app.
Furthermore, the mobile software brings along Yelp Talk, while also featuring a holiday theme, which is the development team’s way of wishing Happy Holidays to their users.
There is also an enhancement for early birds, the team notes: “users who add the first Tip for a business will now earn a ‘First to Tip’ honor.”
The app also brings along all the features and capabilities that were previously available for its Android users, including quick links to easily find nearby bars, restaurants, cafes and more.
The list of features that this software arrives on devices with also includes:
- Narrow your searches by hood, distance, price, and what's open now
- Browse reviews to read what's great (and not so great) in your city
- Find great Deals offered by your favorite local businesses
- Add Quick Tips, photos, and draft reviews for your favorite businesses
- Check-in and share on Facebook and Twitter
- Make reservations on OpenTable without leaving the Yelp app
- Look up addresses and phone numbers for thousands of businesses, then call or map them from your phone
- Yelp does augmented reality with Monocle. Overlay business information onto the world around you.
To learn more on what the application has to offer, simply download and install it. It is available for free, and can be found on Softpedia on this page.