Now with experimental support for Blu-Ray Discs!!!
The VideoLAN organization proudly unleashed a few minutes ago the final and stable release of the highly anticipated VLC 2.0 media player.VLC Media Player 2.0 is a major upgrade to the extremely popular video player, which comes with the ability to open more formats, experimental Blu-Ray support, faster decoding on multi-core CPUs and mobile hardware, and professional High-Definition and 10-bits codecs.
Dubbed Twoflower, VLC 2.0 has a brand-new rendering pipeline for video streams, offering higher quality subtitles, and all new video filters to enhance your video files.
Among other improvements we can mention a revamped Web interface and GUI, making it easier than ever to use.
Highlights of VLC 2.0:
· Support for subpicture blending in GPU;
· Support for Shader in the OpenGL output (for colorspace conversion, including 10-bits);
· Added new video outputs for iOS, Android, Windows 7, and OS/2;
· Added denoising, debanding, anti-flickering, grain, and deinterlacing (includes Inverse Telecine algorithm) filters.
· Higher quality audio;
· Added karaoke and dynamic range compressor (DRC) filters;
· Faster processing through simplification of the audio core;
· Added audio outputs for iOS, OS/2, and Android.
· Support for multi-threaded decoding for MPEG-4/Xvid, WebM and H.264;
· Support for 10-bits codecs;
· Improved image support, including png, jpeg, bmp and xcf;
· Better support for Real and RealVideo formats;
· Support for Android OpenMAX and CrystalHD cards hardware decoding.
VLC 2.0 on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin)
Input and Devices:
· Support (experimental) for Blu-Ray discs (menus are deactivated and there are no BD+ DRM and AACS libraries and keys, for legal reasons);
· Support for QTKit devices and SDI capture cards;
· Support for DASH and HLS adaptive streaming protocols.
For professional Users:
· Support for AVC/Intra, ProRes 4444 and 422;
· Support for DNxHD/VC-3 and Jpeg-2000 in 10-bits;
· Support for EIA-608 and EBU subtitles (stl);
· Linux support for HD-SDI and SDI cards;
· Added a faster Dirac/VC-2 encoder.
For Anime Fans:
· Better MKV demuxer;
· Better support for ASS subtitles;
· Support for ordered chapter files;
· Revamped linked segments;
· Improved support for RV, Hi10p and FLAC in MKV;
· Improved seeking support in CUE files.
Download VLC 2.0 for Linux right now from Softpedia.
Download VLC 2.0 for Mac OS right now from Softpedia.
Download VLC 2.0 for Windows right now from Softpedia.