The folks at Swype have just released a new beta version of their keyboard application for Android devices.
Current Swype Beta users should take note that developers stated it might take up to 72 hours to receive the upgrade via OTA (over the air).
The latest update comes with lots of new features and improvements such as the ones detailed below:
- Implemented a number of Smart Editor improvements and resolved some compatibility issues;
- Improved keyboard launch responsiveness in web browsers;
- Improved logic surrounding Language Downloads;
- S-Note: Resolved some instances where text would be duplicated;
Aside from these changes, it is also worth mentioning that Advanced Language Models have been improved for English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Korean languages.
Furthermore, Swype's developers confirmed many other bug fixes and overall enhancements have been included in the update as well, though there are no details on these yet.
However, some issues have yet to be addressed in future updates. Check them out below:
- S-Note: Edit gestures and edit buttons may not work correctly in this app with certain tablets;
- French: Delete key is inconsistent for words that begin with contractions;
- Polaris Office: Sometimes after swyping, the word choice list displays incorrectly.
Swype Beta users who have yet to be notified on the update after the 72 hours window can go ahead and report on developers’ forum that they did not receive the OTA update as expected.
Swype Beta 22.214.171.12437 is now available as a free download via Google Play Store and it should be fully compatible with all devices running Android 2.0 and up. Check it out here.
Keep in mind that those who have Swype pre-installed on their phones should not attempt to install this beta of Swype, as it requires registration for the beta on Swype's website.