A new flavor of the Pictures Lab application is now available for download for devices running under Microsoft’s mobile operating system, namely version 5.0, which packs a series of optimizations for the Windows Phone 8 platform.The new app release brings along support for three more screen resolutions, and also for the Lens feature in Windows Phone 8.
Furthermore, the software was updated with sharing through NFC and Bluetooth, as well as with support for very large images.
The release notes for the new app version include:
- Update to Windows Phone 8 with much improved performance and support for all 3 screen resolutions.
- Lens, Rich Media (post edit) and Edit Pictures Hub integration.
- Sharing of photos via the WP built-in Share endpoint including sharing to email, NFC, Bluetooth and more.
- Support for huge images and also low memory devices.
- New Winter border / frame.
- Many UI improvements.
- Countless bug fixes and tweaks.
- Fixed translation issues for the 11 supported localizations.
For those out of the loop, we should note that Pictures Lab was made available on Windows Phone with a multitude of different modifications for photos on handsets.
The application also arrives with a series of camera features such as face detection, auto focus, steady mode and others more.
“The app comes with controllable, easy-to-use, but advanced effects like different vintage and hipster-like filters, Tilt Shift (miniature faking), HDR, Lomo, Soften, Auto Adjust, Sharpen, Comic, Bulge, B&W, Sepia and many more,” Schulte Software Development, the company who designed it, notes.
It also shows dynamic previews of effects, high quality borders, support for crop, rotate and flip images, and the option to combine multiple effects to create the image you want.
The Pictures Lab application is available for purchase through the Windows Phone Store at $0.99, but it also features a free trial for those who would like to take it for a spin before buying it.