The PS3 Media Server developers announced yesterday, November 20th, the immediate availability for download of the PS3 Media Server 1.50.0 application for Linux, OSX and Windows platforms.The PS3 Media Server is a DLNA compliant UPnP Media Server for the PlayStation 3 gaming console. PS3 Media Server is written in Java, therefore it can be used on Linux, Windows and Macintosh platforms.
PS3 Media Server doesn't require any installation and will allow you to easily playback your video, audio and image files stored on your PC's hard drive on a big screen TV set or LCD/Plasma high-definition display, via a PlayStation 3 console.
Highlights of PS3 Media Server 1.50.0:
· Public backwards-incompatible API changes for plugin packagers and developers;
· Added Linux support for the binaries build script;
· Added fontconfig support in OS X MPlayer;
· Support for Java Runtime Environment 7 Update 1;
· Added an IP filter that supports ranges and wildcards;
· Virtual network interface are now being skipped when choosing a network interface;
· Better image renderer;
· Tab layouts improvements;
· Fixed "Maximum Bandwidth" setting;
· Fixed "stuttering playback" reported issues by limiting the bandwidth to 110Mb/s;
· Incorporates MediaInfo 0.7.51;
· Forced subtitles are now recognized;
· Replaced the PS3 image with a large tick when connected to a renderer;
· Ability to detect filesystem changes when adding or removing files and folder;
· Added alphanumeric file ordering as an option;
· Fixed 'always allow "Restart Server" button' bug;
· Updated MPlayer, MEncoder and FFmpeg for Windows and Macintosh platforms;
· Support for Samsung AllShare;
· Fixed 'allow to configure subtitle color if using PMS in headless mode' bug;
· Updated configuration, slf4j and jgoodies libraries;
· Updated Bulgarian, German, Dutch and English translations.
Download PS3 Media Server 1.50.0 right now from Softpedia.