A new version of the Opera Mobile browser is available for download for devices running under the Symbian operating system, namely Opera Mobile 11.5.1.
The new app flavor arrives a few weeks after the release of the Opera Mobile 11.5 for Symbian, and is meant to fix various issues that have been found in the browser.
The new application flavor was pushed out of Opera
's laboratories last week via the m.opera.com website, and should hit other channels as well in the near future, including Nokia's application portal.
The release notes for the new application include the following:
- Added predictive text input and language choice in search field
- Improved stability in out of memory situations
- Fixed issues with browser freezing
- Fixed issues with browser when Opera Link is enabled
- Fixed issues with text selection and cut/copy/paste
- Fixed issues with reappearing search engines after deletion
- Fixed issues with selecting text using Up/Down navigation keys
- Fixed issues with third-party input keyboards (QQ, Baidu, Sougou).
also notes that these issues have been fixed courtesy of the feed-back that they received from users, and that more improvements will be added into the mix this way, as long as people continue sending info on their experience with the application.
“Big thanks to all of you for your constant support. You are the ones that keep us going so please continue to give us feedback on the forum. (add as many details as possible no matter how irrelevant you think they might be. Especially: ROM you have, any modifications you did to the system, etc.),” Opera notes.
As stated above, those who would like to give the new app flavor a try should head over to m.opera.com for that.
is only one of the mobile browsers that Opera offers to owners of mobile devices out there. The company also has Opera Mini available for users, claiming the top spot for popularity among mobile phones.