The new update is also heading to the PC and Wii U platforms soon enough
Besides running a very special Double XP weekend for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on the PC, PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii U platforms, developer Treyarch has just rolled out a brand new update for the first-person shooter on the Xbox 360 and will soon release it for the PS3.Call of Duty: Black Ops II came out in November and has since gotten millions of players hooked on its multiplayer experience.
Developer Treyarch is getting ready to debut the first add-on for the game, in the form of the Revolution DLC, and is currently hosting a special Double XP weekend across the game's many platforms.
What's more, the studio has just confirmed that a brand new update for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 had been rolled out onto the Xbox 360 platform today, January 26, and will make its way onto the PS3 in the near future.
Quite a few new things have been added to the game, including support for live streaming public match playlists, as well as extra features to the different stats pages.
Plenty of issues have also been fixed, from glitches with the matchmaking to bugs during the actual multiplayer mode, while balancing tweaks were also implemented.
Check out some of the biggest changes included in the latest patch below, via the CoD forums.
New Features & Feature Improvements
- Added support for Live Streaming in all Public Match playlists.
- Added League Best from Season 1 to Player Card.
- If you played in multiple series and/or multiple teams then your highest division and rank will be displayed. The League Best will span all seasons. If you finish with a higher division rank in Season 2 then your new League Best will be displayed after Season 2.
- Added a Cumulative Daily Pool instead of a Weekly Pool in League Play. 200 Rank Points are added to a player’s pool every day. Points that are not used are rolled into the next day.
- Added 2 new pages to the Combat Record (the Combat Summary and Medals).
- Implemented sorting of Medals in the After Action Report.
- Lowered HUD threshold for the “low health” overlay to increase player’s awareness of low health.
- Added a “Go to Top” button for the League Leaderboard.
Issues Addressed- Matchmaking modified to never return games outside of player’s own continent, unless the Connection Type in Search Preferences is set to “Any”.
- Addressed an issue where the UAV would not trigger if called in while aiming down sight.
- Addressed an issue where the Master Demolition challenge did not unlock when the requirements were complete.
- Addressed issue with the headshot sound not playing in final Killcams and Theater Demos.
- Fixed an issue in League Play where “Career Wins” for a Series were not displayed during placement in the Lobby Career Overview.
- Updated the After Action Report in League Play so that bonus points are not summed with the ladder points in points earned for the match.
- Removed the ability to make dual wield attachment combos in Elite Create a Class and addressed an issue where these classes were appearing as missing in game.
- A player can no longer earn Medals for multi-kills if they continue to kill quickly after dying and re-spawning.
- Various minor map fixes were made across multiple maps.
- Death Machine: 3 hit kill range increased.
- Dragonfire: health increased, gun spread reduced.
- AGR: ground speed increased, reduced machine gun close range damage.
- Warthog: reduced missile delay.
- Lodestar: reduced missile speed and AOE radius.
- Swarm: drone re-spawn delay increased.
The brand new update is now available for download on the Xbox 360 and will hit the PlayStation 3 platform later today, January 26. It's unclear when it's going to be rolled out for the two other platforms – the PC and Wii U.