The new update adds the Brawling (dueling) mechanic and features lots of bug fixes
After extensive trials on the Public Test Realm, patch 1.0.7 for Diablo 3 has just been released for the game across its three different regions: the Americas, Europe, and Asia, bringing quite a few improvements, including an all-new Brawling mechanic.Diablo 3 came out last May on the PC and Mac platforms and Blizzard has since released a variety of updates which have addressed complaints from players, solved bugs, and added all-new features, like the Paragon system or the Monster Power mechanic.
Now, with the latest patch 1.0.7, Blizzard has not only implemented a variety of improvements, like various bug fixes, but also plenty of changes for classes like the Wizard or Monk.
Most importantly, however, is the addition of a brand new Brawling mechanic, which allows players to fight one another in an all-new zone just to have some fun.
Plenty of other changes are included in the final version of the update for Diablo 3, so check out some of the most important below, via Battle.net.
New Feature: Brawling
For those who wish to test their mettle against fellow Nephalem, your time has come. Players will now be able to battle one another in a new zone designed specifically for this style of combat called "The Scorched Chapel." This zone can be accessed by speaking with Nek the Brawler in any of the four Act hubs, and supports 2 to 4 players in a Free-For-All format.
General- Nephalem Valor stacks will now persist through Acts
- Base pick-up radius for all characters has been increased from 1.5 yards to 3 yards
- The resurrection timer will no longer increase if a player is killed multiple times in a row
- Players should no longer play a flinching animation (causing them to briefly lose control of their character) if they are hit by multiple monsters at the same time
- The experience bonus rewarded for killing monsters on Monster Power levels 1-10 in Inferno has been increased:
MP 1: 25% (up from 10%)
MP 2: 50% (up from 20%)
MP 3: 80% (up from 30%)
MP 4: 120%(up from 45%)
MP 5: 165% (up from 60%)
MP 6: 215% (up from 75%)
MP 7: 275% (up from 95%)
MP 8: 340% (up from 115%)
MP 9: 420% (up from 135%
MP 10: 510% (up from 160%)
- When resuming a game, players will now be placed in town instead of at the last known checkpoint (a portal will be available to take you to your last known checkpoint, if desired)
- Characters will no longer have their movement restricted when being vote kicked from a Public Group
Plenty of other changes are part of Diablo 3's update 1.0.7, so check them out on Blizzard's official page.
The new patch will be automatically downloaded the next time you start the game.