CodeWeavers have announced the release of CrossOver 9.2.0, a free update to both versions of the Wine-based software (CrossOver Mac, CrossOver Games). The new installment merges with Wine release 1.2.1 which includes bug fixes for many applications, according to the developers.
CrossOver integrates Wine to allow Mac users to run multiple Windows applications without having to employ costly virtualization software.
There are some drawbacks to this solution, but it works well for the handful of applications listed by CodeWeavers as supported.
As noted above, version 9.2.0 of the software is now merged with Wine release 1.2.1. This, according to CodeWeavers, translates into many bug fixes for several applications.
This enhancement is the only one common to both CrossOver Mac and CrossOver Games.
The latter, however, incorporates many additional fixes and tweaks, all of which are listed below:· Merged with Wine release 1.2.1. This includes bug fixes for several unsupported games, as well as fixing a crash in the launcher for Street Fighter IV and a lag in Team Fortress 2.
· Fixed a bug that causes DRM problems on Ubuntu 10.10.
· Fixed patching of StarCraft II (via an updated Gecko engine).
· Fixed a problem that prevented StarCraft II from launching properly during the first run.
· Fixed the sending of text in Worms Armageddon WormNET.
· Improved behavior with built-in msvcr71. Should simplify the installation of several unsupported games, including Lord of the Rings Online.
· Fixed a double mouse-pointer bug that appeared in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II on some Linux distributions.
· Improved font rendering for Trainz 2004 and others.
· Got Tomb Raider: Chronicles working again.
· Fixed a serious rendering problem for Civilization V.
Softpedia readers can download the new versions of CrossOver Mac and CrossOver Games using the links below. The software requires an Intel-based Macintosh running Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
The 9.0 releases of CrossOver will be the last to support Tiger (10.4.x), while CrossOver releases older than v. 8.0 will not function on Snow Leopard (10.6.x), according to CodeWeavers. Those running Mac OS X Leopard (10.5.x) will require CrossOver 6.2 or later.Download CrossOver Mac (Update / Trial / Buy)Download CrossOver Games (Update / Trial / Buy)