Create, upload and share Minecraft skins on your iPhone or iPad
57Digital Ltd. has released Minecraft Skin Studio version 1.0.3, a simple iOS application that enables you to create, upload and share Minecraft skins.“Get creative and design an epic skin for your character. Why stick with plain old Steve when you can choose from almost 300,000+ community created skins or design your very own personalized skin using our easy to use studio,” says 57Digital.
With the Minecraft Skin Studio app you can design your own Minecraft skins, upload to Minecraft and even share your creations with everyone else.
If you’re not the creative type, simply browse for some skins made by others, download them, modify them, and use them in your Minecraft game. There’s only like a quarter million skins to choose from.
The app also provides means to discuss, like or dislike community submitted skins, and share skins on Facebook.
Version 1.0.3 was just released in the App Store this week adding a “Duplicate” button to make a copy of your Skins, a new “Favorite Skins” feature so you can now build a list of your favorite skins, and “Profiles,” which lets you see everything you need to know about a user.
The “Community Skins” section has been improved with a tweaked User Interface and caching to make it run faster, and the “Top Downloads” section in “Community Skins” now shows top downloads for the current month.
You can now search for a skin author’s username in the “Community Skins” search bar, and swipe left to right when previewing a Skin full screen. Other new additions and tweaks are listed below.
- Improved error handling when the app is experiencing connection problems
- You can now tap on a username when viewing a skin to view the users profile!
- You can now delete a submitted skin if it has less than 100 downloads
- Added “original skin by” section to a community skin, now you can if a skin has been inspired/copied from an existing skin!
- Improved the Skin Editor interface. Now you can quickly and easily change the selected color with a “lighter” and “darker” button
- Misc. bug fixes and performance enhancements
A new update is already on the way, according to the developers. Users are asked to note that skins can only be uploaded to supported Minecraft platforms, such as OS X, Windows, and Linux.
Minecraft Skin Studio doesn’t yet support the creation of custom skins for PE/Xbox. The developers plan on adding support in the future, if the game allows it.
Download Minecraft Skin Studio iOS