The first maintenance release for the 3.6 branch is finally here
Greg Kroah-Hartman announced yesterday, October 7th, the immediate availability for download of the first maintenance release for the stable Linux 3.6 kernel series.Linux kernel 3.6.1 introduces many SCSI fixes, as well as USB and xHCI improvements.
Highlights of Linux kernel 3.6.1:
• TIAO USB Multi-Protocol Adapter (TUMPA) support has been added;
• autoresize handling in R/O mode for USB has been fixed;
• Host config length field overflow has been fixed
• Pantech vendor class match has been added;
• A potential NULL-dereference on cleanup has been repaired;
• isci_pci_probe() now generates warning on efi failure path;
• Softlockup regression on hot remove for SCSI devices has been repaired;
• Double-free on an error path in core dumper has been prevented;
• cmd_ring_state has been added;
• correct baud_base for EXSYS EX-41092 Dual 16950 has been set;
• Missing attributes to EFI variable attribute print out from sysfs have been added;
• Null pointer dereferencing with 71c731a for non-x86 systems has been fixed;
• The strings in tcm_usb_gadget are now initialized properly;
• use-after-free of multicast object has been repaired and now it works properly;
• XHCI suspend timeout has been increased to 16ms;
• Local access validation for user MRs has been fixed;
• interlocking for gsm_data_lock for certain code paths has been added.
A complete list of changes and fixes can be found in the official mailing list.
“I'm announcing the release of the 3.6.1 kernel. All users of the 3.6 kernel series must upgrade.”
“The updated 3.5.y git tree can be found at: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git linux-3.6.y and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;a=summary” said Greg KH in the email announcement.
Users of the Linux kernel 3.6.x branch are urged to update as soon as possible to the new version.
Download Linux kernel 3.6.1 right now from Softpedia.