Greg Kroah-Hartman announced yesterday, October 13th, the immediate availability for download of the second maintenance release for the stable Linux 3.6 kernel series.Linux kernel 3.6.2 introduces a lot of various fixes, as well as AMD Radeon, EXT4, and driver improvements.
Highlights of Linux kernel 3.6.2:
• Multicast packet transmit logic has been fixed;
• MSI quirk for gateway RS690 has been added;
• pmd_present for split_huge_page and PROT_NONE with THP has been fixed;
• Multiple issues with IOMMU pools code have been repaired;
• Pre-suspend fence buffer context on resume has been restored;
• Missing volume update bits have been added;
• Flush the pending flips on the CRTC before modification;
• Online defrag was not supported for journaled files, on EXT4;
• Inverted internal mic quirk for Lenovo IdeaPad U310 has been added;
• Support for device 1ae7:2001 Speedlink Snappy Microphone SL-6825-SBK has been added;
• A crash that occurred when converting OF node to edev has been fixed;
• A memory corruption by refcount imbalance in alloc_pages_vma() has been fixed;
• Missing RCU idle APIs on idle loop has been repaired;
• Initialize efi.runtime_version to make query_variable_info/update_capsule workable;
• Ignore last group w/o enough space when resizing instead of BUG'ing, on EXT4 partitions;
• Don't copy non-existent gdt blocks when resizing on EXT4 partitions;
• Avoid duplicate writes of the backup bg descriptor blocks, on EXT4 partitions;
A complete list of changes and fixes can be found in the official mailing list.
“I'm announcing the release of the 3.6.2 kernel. All users of the 3.6 kernel series must upgrade.”
“The updated 3.5.y git tree can be found at: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git linux-3.6.y and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;a=summary” said Greg KH in the email announcement.
Users of the Linux kernel 3.6.x branch are urged to update as soon as possible to the new version.
Download Linux kernel 3.6.2 right now from Softpedia.