A new flavor of the Google Chrome Beta for Android devices is now available for download through the official Google Play Store, namely version 25.0.1364.37.The new app release arrives with a variety of stability and performance fixes packed inside, though it still has various other issues remaining to be resolved.
However, it appears that Google is indeed hard at work with ensuring that problems affecting users’ experience with the browser are being resolved, given the fact that the new release comes less than a week after the previous beta update.
The release notes for the new Google Chrome 25.0.1364.37 Beta for Android show the following changes:
- Enable compositing scrollable frames on Android
- Chrome progress bar should be displayed as soon as the user clicks a link
- Text handler jumps or disappears when moving
- iframe scrolling broken
As mentioned above, there are various known issues that currently affect the performance of the application, although not all of them affect all users out there.
One of these involves the Chrome icon, which is not being updated along with the app, while another results in scroll position being reset momentarily when double-tapping in footer/gutter on some pages.
The release notes also unveil that yahoo.com page links are not working, and that users won’t be able to submit comments on Facebook posts or pictures.
Other known issues in this Google Chrome Beta for Android release include:
- Sometimes flickering and graphical glitches are observed while opening new tab
- Frequent freeze on devices with specific versions of Qualcomm GPU driver
- Text autosizing may break formatting on some sites
- Video continues playing after exiting fullscreen on android phones
- [HTC Droid DNA] Getting crash on tabswitcher mode
- Tap disambiguation overaggressive
Google Chrome 25.0.1364.37 Beta for Android is available for download from Softpedia as well, via this link.