Photoshop Express, the companion to the Photoshop.com online photo sharing, editing, and hosting resource, has been updated to version 1.5.3 to add support for background upload completion and iOS 4 multitasking, Retina Display support, and enhanced photo capture and editing workflow, to name some key improvements.
Photoshop Express lets users create a free Photoshop.com account to upload and store 2GB of photos and videos online.
The app lets you use simple gestures to quickly edit and share photos from your mobile device.
With it, users can have their photo and video library right in their hand, “without wasting your device's valuable storage space,” Adobe explains.
iDevice owners can choose from a variety of one-touch effects, or simply drag their finger across the screen to crop, rotate, or adjust color, while artistic filters like Soft Focus or Sketch can be added with a few taps.
A copy of the original file is always saved, just in case you don’t like the changes.
According to the Flash makers, the top editing functions included with Adobe Photoshop Express are:
Top editing features:
• Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip
• Color: Exposure, Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast
• Filters: Sketch, Soft Focus, and Sharpen
• Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm Vintage, Rainbow, White Glow, and Soft Black and White
• Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge, Halftone, and Film Emulsion
New in Adobe Photoshop Express 1.5.3 are the following enhancements:
What's New in Version 1.5.3
• Addresses Location Services issue and eliminates "reduced functionality" dialog
• Requires iOS 4.2
• Adds support for background upload completion and iOS 4 multitasking
• Supports Retina Display for crisp, sharp screen and photos
• Faster, more streamlined photo capture and editing workflow
Adobe Photoshop Express is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad and is free to download from the Apple App Store in the Photography section.