Deus Ex: Human Revolution, the new futuristic role-playing game, has just received its first patch for the PC version, which aims at solving certain issues reported by players, while adding features like the ability to skip the start sequence.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
was released last month by Eidos Montreal and Square Enix, quickly becoming the best selling game in August, despite being actually on sale for just five days.
Still, as much as we applauded the game's stability in our own review for Human Revolution, it wasn't perfect, as some users reported issues while playing the RPG, or were annoyed by the fact that they couldn't disable its introduction, which displayed the logos of a variety of companies, including Square Enix or Eidos Montreal, as well as AMD and lots of other corporations.
Now, the first PC patch for Deus Ex: Human Revolution has finally been released via Valve's Steam digital distribution service, which acts as a copy protection for the title on that platform.
Besides fixing quite a few issues encountered by players, new features
have also been added, so check them all out below.
- We have addressed various issues that can occur for players that would result in ‘stuttering’.
o Stutters that are the result of graphics driver shader processing are now removed or significantly reduced.
o Stutters that are the result of data streaming have been removed or significantly reduced.
o Performance has been improved and made more stable on dual-core systems. This could previously also result in stuttering.
- Fixed issue where some players couldn’t complete the Motherly Ties side quest.
- Fixed an issue where doors in Omega Ranch sometimes wouldn’t open.
- The TYM medical card should no longer fall through the table if an NPC’s body comes into contact with the card. Players already stuck in this area will need to revert to a previous save before the card fell through.
- Occasional hangs for some players during video-playback have been fixed.
- A crash on startup when running DX11 on a single-core CPU has been fixed.
- An issue causing Eyefinity setups to not be correctly detected for some players has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD would get permanently disabled for some players.
- Fixed certain issues that caused the mouse cursor to be able to leave the game-screen on multi-monitor setups.
- Fixed an issue that caused the mouse cursor to not be visible in-game when the user has mouse trails enabled in Windows. We still recommend disabling mouse trails for a smoother in-game mouse cursor.
- Fixed issue where ammo count for collected guns is incorrect when Adams weapon is augmented.
- In DX9 mode:
o Fixed error message for some users when trying to use FXAA Medium or FXAA Low anti aliasing modes.
o Fixed shadow-mapping ‘lines’ on some graphics hardware when using anisotropic filtering.
- The Enter and Numpad-Enter keys can now be bound to game actions in the keyboard control menu.
- Intro logos can now be skipped on all but the first run of the game.
- Added windowed mode.
o Selectable in the menu, and can be toggled between windowed, fullscreen, and fullscreen windowed using ALT-ENTER.
- Added an option to change the text language of the game. This setting only changes the text language, the audio is controlled by the language option in Steam.
Another patch is already in development, as Eidos Montreal confirms that it will bring support for Nvidia's 3DVision and Surround technology with the future update.
You can download the Deus Ex: Human Revolution PC patch via Steam.