CodeWeavers has released a new version of CrossOver for Mac
and Linux. The update brings new application support, while improving the way CrossOver handles supported applications like Quicken 2009, Internet Explorer 7 and Photoshop CS2.
“I am pleased to announce that we have shipped CrossOver 8 for both Macintosh and Linux,” Jeremy White, CEO of CodeWeavers, said. “New in Version 8 is support for Internet Explorer 7 as well as support for Quicken 2009,” he added. “Version 8 also represents another year of dramatic growth in CrossOver and Wine. You should see improvements across the board in all applications, not just the ones we officially support. Of course, we hope you'll like the many improvements we've made to Microsoft Office and Outlook as well,” White concluded.
Among the application fixes, CodeWeavers
mentions MS Office 2003 with the following enhancements: · Non-English language service packs should now apply;
· Word 2003: 'Insert Field' should now work properly;
· Word 2003: Table calculations fixed;
· Word 2003: Insert... Picture... From File improved;
· Outlook 2003: NTLM proxy authentication fixed;
· Excel 2003: Insert Picture improved;
· Outlook 2003: Problem with dropping into 'disconnected' mode is resolved.
Changes with MS Office 2007 support include: · Service Packs 1 and 2 now apply;
· Enterprise, Pro, and Corporate editions should now install;
· Word 2007: Fixed misbehavior when using the 'insert image' function;
· Several other Office service packs and add-ons should work better.
Among other improvements, CodeWeavers mentions a 'symbol' font, which should improve Equation Editor behavior, a couple of improvements to dual-monitor support, improved copy and paste, better 64-bit support in the RPM package and the above-mentioned Snow Leopard support.
Existing CrossOver customers with an active support entitlement can use the link below to download the latest version of the software for free. They will need to log in with the email and password that they used when purchasing CrossOver. Newcomers can also try out the application in demo mode. Download CrossOver Mac (Update / Trial / Buy)