Version 0.9.0 of the e-book reader and management software Calibre was announced on September 28th, marking an important milestone for this amazing software.
If you have an ebook reader, the Calibre software is a must. It does so many things for the avid reader, that it would take a lot of time to just enumerate all the features.
marks a very important step as the software is getting nearer to version 1.0. Although the current version is considered to be quite stable, the goal is to reach the coveted 1.0 version.
Highlights of Calibre 0.9.0:
• The E-book viewer has received a new paged mode that enables users to separate the text into multiple pages, a new full screen mode, can display mathematics in ebooks input in either TeX or MathML, and it even supports themes;
• The application can connect both wirelessly and over USB to Android devices;
• The interface of Calibre has gone through some remodeling and now it features a modern look;
• Calibre comes with an amazing conversion engine that has full support for Amazon's new KF8 format. It can also convert almost any type of ebooks to a huge number of formats, including PDF;
• Calibre can also monitor a certain directory and import the book from there directly into the internal library;
• Columns in the book list now support colors based on the book's metadata;
• A languages column has been introduced in order to align the books based on this criterion;
• Large libraries are now processed with more speed and accuracy;
• A huge number of news outlets, from all over the world, are supported by Calibre.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement. You can also check out our review
of Calibre. Download Calibre 0.9.0
right now from Softpedia.