On Wednesday, Adobe has made available for download a new flavor of the Adobe Photoshop Touch application for Android devices, namely version 1.4.1.
The software, which was designed to provide Android users with the possibility to enjoy some of the core Photoshop features while on the go, is available for all devices running under Android 3.1 or newer releases.
One of the main changes that were packed inside the new app flavor was an optimized user interface for devices that sport 7-inch touchscreen displays.
With the app, users will be able to take advantage of Photoshop features aimed specifically at tablet PCs, such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters to create new, impressive images.
The release notes for the new Adobe Photoshop Touch for Android 1.4.1 include:
- Optimized user interface for 7-inch devices (minimum screen resolution 1024x600)
- Smoother brush strokes
- Two new Effects: Lens Flare (under “&” menu) and Stamp Pattern
- Improved grid layout for projects, tutorials, and images
- New support for sharing to Facebook, Twitter, and other registered apps
- Quick access to last 5 colors with new shortcut (drag down on Color)
- Various bug fixes
The app also comes with a nice range of capabilities that were packed inside it in previous iterations, such as Google Image Search, support for images of up to 12 megapixels, unique camera fill feature, and more. Step-by-step tutorials are also available for users to learn more on the app’s features.
The use of this application also requires an Internet connection and membership to Adobe Creative Cloud (the subscription to the latter is free and comes with 2GB of cloud storage and with the possibility to sync between tablet and desktop).