The final release is available for 64-bit and 32-bit systems
Adobe Labs proudly announced this morning, October 4th, the immediate availability for download of the final and stable release of the Adobe Flash Player 11 plugin for Linux, Windows and Machintosh platforms.Providing native support for 64-bit Linux-based operating systems, the new Adobe Flash Player 11 plugin brings lots of new features and improvements over the previous version, Flash Player 10.
Highlights of Adobe Flash Player 11:
· Native support 64-bit Linux operating systems and browsers;
· Linux Vector Printing support to print crisp and rich images on Linux;
· Asynchronous Bitmap Decoding;
· Support for HD surround sound to deliver full High-Definition videos with 7.1 channels surround sound, directly to TVs powered by AIR;
· Stage 3D Accelerated Graphics Rendering;
· G.711 audio compression for telephony (to easily integrate telephony/voice into business applications using the G.711 codec);
· H.264/AVC Software Encoding for webcams, to locally encode higher quality video using the H.264 codec;
· Socket Progress Events (designed to build advanced file sharing programs, such as FTP clients that send huge amounts of data);
· Cubic Bezier Curves support to create cubic Beziers;
· Garbage Collection Advice;
· Socket Progress Events;
· Secure Random Number Generator;
· Support for TLS Secure Sockets;
· JPEG-XR support;
· Support for enhanced high resolution bitmap;
· Support for high efficiency SWF compression.
Among the official Linux operating systems supported by the new Adobe Flash Player 11 plugin we can mention Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.6 or later, openSUSE 11.3 or later and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS or later.
The following official minimum hardware components are required for Linux users:
· 2.33 Ghz or faster x86-compatible CPU;
· Intel Atom 1.6GHz or faster CPU for netbooks;
· 512MB of system RAM;
· 128MB of graphics memory;
· Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and above and Google Chrome web browsers.
Download Adobe Flash Player 184.108.40.206 64-bit for Linux systems right now from Softpedia.
Download Adobe Flash Player 220.127.116.11 32-bit for Linux systems right now from Softpedia.