Valve has just released a major update for its Dota 2 online game, bringing a variety of changes to the different heroes in the game, while adding a new character – Magnus, as well as over 150 cosmetic items to the Dota 2 store.
Dota 2 isn’t officially released but the game is already quite popular, with lots of people participating in the closed beta, while others can get the free Spectator Client
off Steam and watch the matches of others.
Developer Valve has kept on releasing big updates for the game and has now posted one of the biggest patches in its history, making sweeping changes to almost all the heroes, modifying some of the most popular equipment, while adding plenty of new things.
Among the biggest additions there is a new hero, in the form of the hulking Magnus, which you can admire above.
Besides that, a new Team System has been added to the game, allowing groups of five players to compete against others in various matches, and to customize their team’s logo, banner, country, etc.
What’s more, over 150 cosmetic items have been added to the Dota 2 Store, so be sure to check out the marketplace and see what you can add to your hero’s wardrobe.
Check out some of the most important gameplay changes included in this update for Dota 2 below.
- Fixed basic courier movement speed being too fast
- Captain's Mode first ban phase now has 2 bans instead of 3
- Captain's Mode second ban phase now has 3 bans instead of 2
- Glyph duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds
- Enraged Wildkin's Tornado vision decreased from 1200/800 to 300
- Aegis reclaim time decreased from 10 to 6 minutes. Roshan still respawns every 10 minutes, this change does not affect him. It only means that Aegis will last 6 minutes in your inventory instead of 10.
- Team AoE bounty for kills with 2 heroes around changed from 9*Level+95 to 12*Level + 125
- Team AoE bounty for kills with 3 heroes around changed from 8*Level+20 to 10*Level+40
- Killer bounty level multiplier increased from 200+5*Level to 200+9*Level
- Total XP required for level 7 decreased from 2700 to 2600
- Total XP required for level 8 decreased from 3500 to 3200
- It still requires a total of 4400 XP to reach level 9
- Random Draft Mode hero pool count increased from 20 to 22
- Recipe items no longer sell for 80% of their price (now 50% like regular items)
- Added a 1 second cooldown to placing Observer and Sentry wards (to help prevent accidental usage when lagging)
You can check out the huge array of changes for various characters and items at this link