Blizzard has just released patch 1.0.7 for Diablo 3 on the Public Test Realm and confirmed the wide array of changes included in the upcoming update for the final game.Diablo 3 has entertained many players since its release in May of last year by delivering a pretty great dungeon crawling experience that was enhanced by developer Blizzard several times through certain patches.
Now, the latest update – patch 1.0.7 – is getting ready to debut for the final version of Diablo 3 later this year.
Until then, the studio has just released it onto the Public Test Realm version of the game, where players can opt to try out experimental patches and share feedback with the development team.
Besides releasing the update, Blizzard has also posted the full changelog for the patch on its blog. You can check out some of the most important modifications below.
- New Feature: Dueling
For those who wish to test their mettle against fellow Nephalem, your time has come. Players will now be able to duel one another in a new zone designed specifically for this style of combat. This zone can be accessed by speaking with Nek the Brawler located at the inn in New Tristram, and supports 2 to 4 players in a Free-For-All format.
- Nephalem Valor stacks will now persist through Acts
- Base pick-up radius for all characters has been increased from 1.5 yards to 3 yards
- The resurrection timer will no longer increase if a player is killed multiple times in a row
- Players should no longer play a flinching animation (causing them to briefly lose control of their character) if they are hit by multiple monsters at the same time
- When resuming a game, players will now be placed in town instead of at the last known checkpoint (a portal will be available to take you to your last known checkpoint, if desired)
- The experience bonus rewarded for killing monsters on Monster Power levels 1-10 in Inferno has been increased:
MP 1: 25% (up from 10%)
MP 2: 50% (up from 20%)
MP 3: 80% (up from 30%)
MP 4: 120%(up from 45%)
MP 5: 165% (up from 60%)
MP 6: 215% (up from 75%)
MP 7: 275% (up from 95%)
MP 8: 340% (up from 115%)
MP 9: 420% (up from 135%
MP 10: 510% (up from 160%)
You can download the Public Test Realm version of Diablo 3 by going into your Battle.net account, selecting your Diablo III license and creating a PTR account.