Descent|OS 3.0.2 Legacy Distro Features MATE 1.4
The developer is considering launching a 64-bit version in the future
Brian Manderville has announced that the “Legacy” branch of Descent|OS has been updated to version 3.0.2.Descent|OS 3.0.2 may come as a surprise because the developer has already announced that he started the production for version 4.0 and that it will be based on Debian, rather than Ubuntu.
"Hello everyone! I’m stopping by after a short time away to announce that development of Descent|OS 4.0 has been started. It will be based off of Debian, using the Sid repositories, but will be utilizing a separate repository for the more stable packages like MATE."
"It will be released sometime in March, but I will be expecting an Alpha to be released sometime near Christmas. That said, there will be several things that I am changing, and will list out a small preview of what you can expect to see," Brian Manderville said a couple of months back.
Nonetheless, Descent|OS has now received an update which is centered on bug fixing, including a driver install problems and an audio applet issue.
Highlights of Descent|OS 3.0.2:
• Pulseaudio is now officially installed as default. According to the developer, Mate-media-pulse is much more well-implemented than its GStreamer sibling;
• MATE has been updated to version 1.4 and this latest version is considered to be a major milestone;
• Lubuntu Software Center has been included in Descent|OS. It didn't get to keep the name and has been rebranded to Descent|OS Software Center. This is mainly an ease-of-use upgrade for newer users who don't want to use the more advanced Synaptic Package Manager;
• The Faenza Icon theme has been fixed and should not update anymore. Also, the Descent|OS branding has been removed;
• Jockey has been fixed and now it works properly.
The developer also stated that it was considering releasing a 64-bit version sometime in the future, but he was unable to provide a specific date.
A complete list of fixes and improvements can be found in the official announcement.
Download Descent|OS 3.0.2 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW